Q: How many can you accommodate for your hair services?
- It truly depends on the amount of time we have, I need a minimum of 4 people however I can accommodate up to 10. Again it depends on the timeframe that we have. I may need to bring an assistant to help me. Please keep in mind that I am a freelance artist, I do not have a team of my own. I only use trusted artists in the area, I will try my best to find an additional artist if needed but it is not guaranteed that I can find one for your specific date.
Q: How far in advance should I book for my wedding date?
- It is best to book anywhere between 6 to 8 months in advance. Saturdays typically fill up first.
Q: How much time do you need?
- For best results I would like to have 45 minutes to an hour with my bride so that we can make sure you are happy with everything. And for Bridesmaids and other guests receiving Hair services they are scheduled 45 minutes for the service.
Q: What if I need a Makeup Artist?
-I do not offer makeup services myself, however I have teamed up with Kameryn from KMR Makeup. to offer special hair and makeup packages for your big day! When you inquire check the "Interested in Hair+Makeup Packages" button and we'll respond with our package price list.
Q: What kind of payments do you accept?
- Cash, Check.
Q: Can you travel for my wedding?
- Yes as of right now Hair Beauty by Bay is a freelance company. To clarify I work on location for wedding day services only. I can hold trials at my studio or I can come to you if you're within an hour from me (there are travel fees if it applies, see below)
Q: Do you have any travel fees?
- Travel within 25 miles is a standard $20 charge. $1 for each mile outside of this 25 miles radius there and back. I will calculate the total and let you know the final price. Im currently servicing the Hudson Valley, Westchester, Catskills, and Albany area. I do not service NYC or Long Island at this time.
Q: Do you stay for touch ups?
- Yes. I charge $75 per hour.
Q: If I have clip in extensions can you put them in?
- Yes. There is an additional charge of $30 for application. You must bring your own.
Q: Do you offer Trials?
- Yes I do. I highly recommend it. They are a very important part of the Bridal experience so that we can meet and figure out the look you have in mind.
Q: Is gratuity included?
- Gratuity is not included, but greatly appreciated.
1. As we all know COVID-19 has affected so much, changing planned events and making things very stressful. I completely understand the circumstances were under and will try to be as flexible as possible if you need to change your event date. If your already booked with me and sent your deposit in, I have no problem with moving to the new date you chose at no extra cost if I'm available. If you need to cancel your event or I am already booked or not available please know deposits are still non-refundable, but I can offer help in finding another artist that will suit your needs!
2. I pride myself in having high sanitation standards even before COVID-19, but of course its more important now than ever. Moving forward I will be wearing protective gear at all times, and taking an extra few minutes to sanitize my tools between each client.
3. I maintain the right not to perform services on any clients that are displaying any cold or flu-like symptoms. If a client is showing any symptoms before the wedding, the day of, or has come in contact with anyone sick, they are required to be transparent and I will cancel their appointment with no extra charge. I ask that those getting services to please BE HONEST. These policies are made with both my health and my clients in mind.
*These COVID-19 policies will appear on my contact for you to understand and sign.*